Sunday 18 March 2012

Bring on summer!

Today I saw a whole new side of family life. A good side. A wonderful side. My children listened better then they have in months, enjoyed themselves, were happy go-lucky children that they are suppose to be. There was structure in the day, there was a set expectation, there was routine, there was activity, and there was give-and-take. There was sunshine, there was fresh air, and there was healthy choices. And the results, especially in Rose, were amazing. It was not perfect. Rose had a few minor tantrums and it took her a long time to go to sleep at bedtime. And she fell the last time we went to the park and got covered in mud. But instead of freaking out about it, I let it go, since we were leaving to go back home, and she was going to have her bath. Darien had a couple crying fits. But nothing that was not too resolvable with just ignoring it. Charlotte had an amazing day. She is so smart, she is already more co-ordinated and fearless too. And she made a new little friend today. It was so cute seeing her with a little girl about her age, she was a couple months older but smaller, and about the same level. They were doing the same things, lol.

I just wish I could end the day with going to bed with my husband, having a nice chat alone with him, snuggling and showing him effection. But we're so off in our own minds. I can tell the job-hunt is making him start to feel less of a man again, depressed maybe even. I am crossing my fingers one of the jobs calls tomorrow and says they would like to hire him or the one we're suppose to go to in Ottawa on Tuesday does. He needs this. We all need this. As much as at times I enjoy him being home. I also need my time away from him. And I know I'll be working non-stop in a month or hopefully earlier but even if he can get a job from now until say June... until mine is really up and running... he needs this, really, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment